Dr. Olugbenga Oluseun OluwagbemiB.Sc (Computer Science) - Unilorin; M.Sc (Computer Science) - Unibadan; Advanced Certificate- (Rochester,USA); Fulbright Certificate -USA, PhD(Computer Science) - CU
Computer science and applied computing, artificial intelligence, expert systems, informatics (biomedical and health), software engineering, computational modeling and simulation, bioinformatics, computational systems biology, computer programming and infectious disease research using computational tools and techniques.
Awards & Honours
- Elsevier 5 Topmost downloaded articles in Informatics in Medicine Unlocked Journal between January – July 2016 (AMAHD paper (1st position) and Ebinformatics paper (5th position) topmost downloaded papers respectively listed); http://communications.elsevier.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%40hxAEAUCsYeb7VwCyLjvKcK1s6HlmFb%2BCKE3R66ERpxM%3D
- Young Researcher Award (Postdoctoral category), 4th Heidelberg Laureates Forum, (2016) – Workshop Grant, Conference Grant and Travel Grant recipient of the Heidelberg Laureate Forum Foundation, Heidelberg, Germany (September 2016).
- Advanced Course Training Grant and Travel Grant recipient (2015) of the University of Florida International Clinics on Infectious Diseases, Dynamics and Data (ICI3D) on the Clinic on the Meaningful Modeling of Epidemiological Data, African Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), Muizenberg, Capetown, South Africa ( June 2015).
- Richard Tapia Scholarship Award recipient and ACM SIG Travel Grant recipient on Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing, Boston, United States of America, (2015).
- Richard Tapia Scholarship Award recipient and ACM SIG Travel Grant recipient on Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing, Washington D.C., United States of America, (2013).
- Wellcome Trust and H3ABIONET Computational Biology/Bioinformatics Travel fellowship to an ISCB-ASBCB International Scientific Conference in Casablanca, (2013).
- National Computer Programming Contest (Mentor) – 5th Place, National Mathematical Center, Abuja, Nigeria (2012).
- ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)-ICPC (International Collegiate Programming Contest) 13th South African Regional Computer Programming Contest, Certificate of Achievement (Mentor) – 5th Place & 6th Place for Covenant University, October (2011); Kindly check the Result in the link following : http://icpc.baylor.edu/public/worldMap/publicStandings.icpc?contestId=750
- National Computer Programming Contest (Mentor) –Certificate of Merit - 3rd Place- Bronze Medal Winner, National Mathematical Center, Abuja, Nigeria (2011).
- Scientific Project B – 2nd Position in 2011 Fulbright Enrichment Project Competition, New York City, United States of America, (2011).
- Fulbright Research Scholar Award to Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, United States of America – (2010-2011).
- Fulbright Summer Program Award to Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York, USA – (2010).
- European Science Foundation Award – Belgium- (2009).
- Certificate of Merit, Most Efficient Student, National Association of Computer Science Students, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria (1999).
- Oyo State Government Post-primary School Scholarship Award – Nigeria (1987-1993).
- 3rd Place in Oyo State JETS (Junior Engineer and Scientists) Competition (1992).
- Certificate of Merit & 2nd Place in STAN (Science Teachers Association of Nigeria) National Science Competition held in Enugu State, Nigeria (August 1992).
TEACHING: Courses Taught (Undergraduate Level (BSc))
CIS 111 Introduction to Computer Science 2 Units
CSM 211 Mathematical Methods I 2 Units
CSM 221 Mathematical Methods II 2 Units
CSC 215 Use of Software Packages 1 Units
CSC 221 Visual C++/C++ Programming 2 Units
CSC 222b Computer Electronics 3 Units
CSC 222a Visual C++/ C++ Practicals 2 Units
CSC 312 Data Structures and Algorithm 2 Units
CSC 316 Logic Programming 3 Units
CSC 318 Compiler Construction I 2 Units
CSC 413 Algorithm Analysis 3 Units
CSC 422 Introduction to Bioinformatics 3 Units
CSC 424 Modeling and Simulation 3 Units
CSC 425 Computer Graphics 3 Units
CSC 423 Concepts of Programming Languages 3 Units
ITP 304 Management Theory 2 Units
ITP 506 Introductions to Mobile Computing 3 Units
Courses taught at the Postgraduate Level (MSc and PhD)
CSC 715 Discrete Structures 2 Units
CSC 722 Bioinformatics 2 Units
BLD 813 Computing and Information Technology 3 Units
CIS 811 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics I 2 Units
CIS 824 Computational Biology/ Bioinformatics II 3 Units
CSC 822 Concepts of Programming Languages 2 Units
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS (PEER-REVIEWED) - JOURNALS/BOOKS/CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Folakemi Oluwagbemi, and Chisom Ughamadu, (2016). Android Mobile Informatics Application for some Hereditary Diseases and Disorders (AMAHD): A Complementary framework for medical practitioners and patients, Informatics in Medicine Unlocked, 2 (2016): 38–69 Elsevier Journal (Science Direct) - United States of America
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Folakemi Oluwagbemi and Oluyemi Abimbola, (2016), Ebinformatics: Ebola Fuzzy Informatics Systems on the diagnosis, prediction and recommendation of appropriate treatments for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), Informatics in Medicine Unlocked 2 (2016): 12–37. Elsevier Journal (Science Direct) - United States of America
- Fatumo SA, Adoga MP, Ojo OO, Oluwagbemi O, Adeoye T, Itunuoluwa Ewejobi, Marion Adebiyi, Ezekiel Adebiyi, Clement Bewaji and Oyekanmi Nashiru (2014) Computational Biology and Bioinformatics in Nigeria. PLoS Computational Biology April 2014 | Volume 10 | Issue 4 | e1003516. doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003516 (Impactfactor=4.867); http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24763310 United States of America
- Oluwagbemi Olugbenga, Marion Adebiyi, Segun Fatumo, Geoff Macintyre. (2014). Paving the Way towards a Successful and fulfilling Career in Computational Biology, PLoS Computational Biology, (ISI Indexed), (Impact fact. = 4.867) - May 2014 | Volume 10 | Issue 5 | e1003593 United States of America
- de Ridder J, Meysman P, Oluwagbemi O, Abeel T (2014) Soft Skills: An Important Asset Acquired from Organizing Regional Student Group Activities. PLoS Computational Biology 10(7): e1003708, (Thomson ISI), (Impact factor = 4.867) United States of America
- Denye Ogeh, Segun Fatumo, Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Olumide Adenmosun. (2016), Informatics tools supporting biomedical research and healthcare outcomes in Africa: current utilization and strategies to improve access – European Journal of Scientific Research 138(2):137-151 – (Scopus Indexed) United Kingdom
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Denye Ogeh,, Adewole Adewumi, Segun Fatumo (2016), Computational and Mathematical Modeling: Applicability to Infectious Disease Control in Africa – Asian Journal of Scientific Research 9(3):88-105; ISSN 1992-1454; DOI: 10.3923/ajsr.2016 – (ISI Indexed and Scopus Indexed) United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Olugbenga O. Oluwagbemi, Christen M. Fornadel, Ezekiel F. Adebiyi, Douglas E. Norris, and Jason Rasgon (2013), AnoSpEx: A Stochastic, Spatially -Explicit Computational Model for Studying Anopheles Metapopulation Dynamics, PLoS ONE 8(7):e68040. (ISI Indexed), (Impact fact.= 4.09)United States of America
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Samuel Imolorhe, Victor Agozie, (2014). BengaSaVex: A Computational Genetic sequence extraction tool on DNA repeats of multiple gene sequences, African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 13(21): 2103-2112, (Scopus Indexed), (Impact Factor: 0.573) Kenya
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Adewole Adewumi and Esuruoso Abimbola, (2012), MACbenabim: A Multi-platform Mobile Application for searching keyterms in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, BIOINFORMATION 8(16); PMCID: PMC3449390; ISI and PubMed Indexed - (Impact Factor ~ 0.5) India
- Oluwagbemi, Olugbenga Oluseun, (2012), Development of a prototype hybrid-grid-based computing framework for accessing bioinformatics databases and resources, Scientific Research and Essays 7(7): 730-739; (Scopus Indexed), Nigeria
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, (2012), Promoting public health and safety: A predictive modeling software analysis on perceived road fatality contributory factors, IEEE African Journal of Computing and ICTs, (Google Scholar Indexed and Index Corpernicus) Nigeria
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi and Yah Suh Clarance, (2012), Computational Predictive Framework towards the Control and Reduction of Malaria incidences in Africa, Egyptian Computer Science Journal ECS, 36(2) ISSN-1110-2586, (Core Computer Science Journal) - DBLP Indexed Egypt
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Maria Keshinro and Charles Ayo (2011), Design and Implementation of a Secured Census Information Management System, Egyptian Computer Science Journal 35(1); (Core Computer Science Journal) - DBLP Indexed Egypt
- Oluwagbemi O.O, (2010) A Comparative Analysis of Different Neural Networks Performances in the Prediction of Superimposed Fraud in Mobile Phone Usage, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 4(8): 3025-3037, (Scopus Indexed). Jordan
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi and Bukola Oladunni, (2010) Diagnosis and Recommender System for Some Neglected Tropical Diseases, International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, 6(2):181-188. Google Scholar Indexed Nigeria
- Oluwagbemi O.O, (2010) Reducing Road-Traffic Accidents on African Roads through a Computer Simulation Programming Approach, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 4(8): 3016-3024, (Scopus Indexed). Jordan
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Tayo Ojutalayo and Nwinyi Obinna, (2010), Development of a Secured Information System to Manage Malaria Related Cases in South Western region of Nigeria, Egyptian Computer Science Journal 34(5):23-34, (Core Computer Science Journal) - DBLP Indexed Egypt
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi and Tope Ogunmowoju, (2010), An in-silico approach towards the development of a prototype Clinical Information System for Pediatrics Sections, International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, 6(3): 254-262 (Google Scholar Indexed) Nigeria
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Uzoamaka Ofoezie and Nwinyi Obinna (2010), A Knowledge- based data mining system for diagnosing malaria related cases in Healthcare Management, Egyptian Computer Science Journal, 34(4):1-10, (Core Computer Science Journal). DBLP Indexed Egypt
- Oluwagbemi O.O and Akinsanya A (2010), Development of a Medical Staff Recruitment System for Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria, International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences 6(1):116-124. Google Scholar Indexed Nigeria
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Esther Tolulope Adeoye, and Segun Fatumo, (2009), Building a Computer-Based Expert System for Malaria Environmental Diagnosis: An Alternative Malaria Control Strategy, Egyptian Computer Science Journal, 33(1):55 – 69, (Core Computer Science Journal) - DBLP Indexed Egypt
- Oluwagbemi O.O and Omonhinmi Conrad, (2008), Evaluating the relationship between a Generic-based Filtering program and DNA sequences, Pacific Journal of Science and Technology, 9(2):647-657. (Google Scholar Indexed) United States of America
- Oluwagbemi O.O, Adebiyi E.F, Fatumo S.A and Dawodu Ayo (2008), PQ Trees, Consecutive Ones Problem and Applications, International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, 4(3): 262-277. (Google Scholar Indexed) Nigeria
- J.O Daramola, V.C. Osamor, and O.O Oluwagbemi (2008) A Grid based framework For Pervasive HealthCare Using Wireless Sensors Networks: A Case for Developing Nations, Asian Journal of Information Technology, 7(6):260 – 267 Asia
- Oluwagbemi O.O, (2008), Development and Implementation of an Online Distance Education Learning Tool for Bioinformatics in Africa, International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, 4(3):256-262. (Google Scholar Indexed) Nigeria
- Oluwagbemi O.O, (2008) Predicting Fraud in Mobile Phone Usage Using Artificial Neural Networks, Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 4(6): 707-715. (Scopus Indexed) Jordan
- Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, (2013). A Stochastic Computational Model for Anopheles metapopulation dynamics: Towards malaria control and insight for possible eradication, VDM Publishing Group, ISBN: 978-3-659-41990-4 (Pages: 184) Germany Kindly check here: https://www.morebooks.de/store/gb/book/a-stochastic-computational-model-for-anopheles-metapopulation-dynamics/isbn/978-3-659-41990-4
29. Oluwagbemi Olugbenga, Adewumi, Adewole and Akindun, Fisayo (2013), Insights from computational modeling and simulation towards promoting public health among African countries, ICT4 Africa International Conference, Zimbabwe
30. Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Sanjay Misra, Adewole Adewumi, Folakemi Majekodunmi, Luis Fernandez-Sanz. (2013). An Analysis of Scripting Languages for Research in Applied Computing – http://www.swinflow.org/confs/cit2013/; 2013 IEEE 16th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 3rd - 5th December 2013, Sydney, Australia
1. Awe Olaitan, Olugbenga Oluwagbemi and Segun Fatumo (2015), A Comparative Analysis of the Genetic Relationships Between the Pathogens of Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever, Marburg Virus, HIV, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis D, and Hepatitis E, ISCB Africa ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics , March 09-11, 2015, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
2. Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, (2014), TrypanoSpEx: Trypanosomiasis spatially- explicit computational model towards eradicating sleeping sickness, presented at the 16th International Congress on Infectious Diseases, April 2nd- 5th, 2014 South Africa
3. Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Sanjay Misra, Adewole Adewumi, and Folakemi Majekodunmi, Luis Fernandez-Sanz (2013). An Analysis of Scripting Languages for Research in Applied Computing – 2013 IEEE 16th International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 3rd - 5th December 2013, Sydney, Australia. http://www.swinflow.org/confs/cit2013/
4. Olugbenga Oluwagbemi and Adewole Adewumi (2013), A Cross-platform mobile application for storing and accessing fundamental Omics knowledge in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Presented at the 2013 Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing Conference, February 7-10, 2013, Washington, D.C., USA
5. Olugbenga Oluwagbemi and Adewole Adewumi (2013), A Novel Cross-platform mobile application for storing and accessing fundamental knowledge in transcriptomics, proteomics, metagenomics and metabolomics, Presented at the ISCB-ASBCB 2013 International Conference, March 13-15, 2013 Casablanca, Morocco [http://cdn.f1000.com/posters/docs/253158811]
6. Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Ezekiel Adebiyi, Jason Rasgon, (2012), Integrating Novel Genetic Control Methods into AnoSpEx: an advanced mathematical simulation model for malaria eradication campaign, Presented at the Malaria World Day Symposium, Covenant University, Nigeria – April 25th, 2012
7. Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Christen Fornadel, Ezekiel Adebiyi, Douglas Norris and Jason Rasgon, (2011), AnoSpEx: A Stochastic Spatially-explicit Computational Model to Simulate Anopheles gambiae Metapopulation Dynamics, Presented at the Malaria World Day Conference, Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute (JHMRI), Baltimore, Maryland, USA (April 25th, 2011).
8. Oluwagbemi Olugbenga, Yah Suh and Korede Olubajo, (2009), An Alternative Malaria Control Strategy for Malaria Research in Africa: An Artificial Neural Network Approach. Presented at the 17th Annual International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB) and the 8th European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB), Stockholm International Fairs (Stockholmassan), Stockholm, Sweden (July 27th - July 2nd, 2009)
9. Oluwagbemi Olugbenga and Yah Suh, (2009), Exploring the Potency of Neural Networks in Analyzing Cases of Malaria Occurrence in Africa, The European Science Foundation International Conference on Infectious Diseases: From Basic to Translational Research Venue: NH The Lord Charles Hotel, Somerset West, Cape Wine land, Cape town , South Africa (April 4th -9th, 2009).
10. Ezekiel Adebiyi, Gbenga Oluwagbemi, Seydou Doumbia. , (2008), Modeling the Malaria Parasite-Mosquito Midgut Cell Interactions Rocky 2008 Conference Proceedings, 6th Annual Rocky Mountain Bioinformatics Conference, Aspen/Snowmass, December 4th-7th, 2008, Colorado, United States, 6, 47 (2008)
11. Oluwagbemi Olugbenga,Yah Clarence and Adebiyi Ezekiel, (2008). Comparison of ABC Transporter Genes of Plasmodium Species: A Search in Elucidating New Discoveries toward Malaria Parasite. Poster Proceedings at European Molecular Biology Network [EMBnet] Conference 2008 - 20th Anniversary Celebration. Leading Applications and Technologies in Bioinformatics, Martina, Franca, Italy, Sept 18-20, 2008.p 34
12. The International Conference on 3G Mobile Networks, Venue: Centre for Learning Resources, Canaanland, Ota, Km10 Idiroko Road, Ota, Covenant University, Nigeria, January 2007.
Summary of Profile
Researcher and academician