Mr. Emeka Emmanuel OgbujuB.Sc, M.Sc (Computer Science) - Unizik, Certificate in Big Data Analytics & Optimization - (INSOFE, India), Post Graduate Diploma in Education (NTI)
Big Data Analytics | Web/Text Mining | Machine Learning | e-Learning | Educational Technology | Information Technology Law | Social Media Analytics | Natural Language Processing | Cybermissions
Tools: Hadoop - RHadoop | Apache Spark - Scala | R/RStudio Programming | HTML | Joomla | WordPress | SQL
Awards & Honours
Awards (Plaques and Certificates)
- Award Certificate as Sparrho Early Career Researcher Hero, August 2017
- Most Read Publication from Institution, achieved by week ending Feb 12, 2017 at Researchgate.net
- Vice Chancellors Award for Dedication to Duty and Outstanding Performance with a Certificate of Distinction (2012/2013) by Federal University Lokoja
- Award of Excellence in Internet Missions by the Web Missions Africa (2015)
- Best Web Technology Management Institution Award in Kogi State 2012 (Won for Salem University Lokoja via Nigeria Computer Society)
- Certificate of Commendations for leadership, outstanding services and donation of books to government and private libraries (2007), Being Recognition for National Youth Service Scheme's Community Development Projects
Travel Grants and Scholarships:
- Advanced Course Training/Workshop Grant and Travel Grant recipient (2017) of the University of Florida International Clinics on Infectious Diseases, Dynamics and Data (ICI3D) on the 8th Clinic on the Meaningful Modeling of Epidemiological Data, held at African Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa ( June 2017). URL: http://www.ici3d.org/mmed/
- Recipient of Sparrho Early Career Researcher Prize, August 2017 (Travel Grant and Award Certificate) to present an accepted academic paper at the International Data for Policy Conference in London, United Kingdom. URL: http://grants.sparrho.com/ and http://dataforpolicy.org/papers/
- Recipient of the Nigerian Academic Staff Training and Development (AST&D) Intervention Travel and Training Grants by Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) for Ph.D Bench Work (2016) on Big Data Analytics and Optimizations at International School of Engineering, India URL: http://www.insofe.edu.in/ Duration: 6 months
- CSC 101 – Introduction to Computer Science (BASIC Programming)
- CSC 102 – Computer Applications
- CSC 222 – Computer Electronics
- CSC 208 – Introduction to Artificial Intelligence & Expert System
- CSC 205 – Fortran Programming
- CSC 307 – Database Management
- CSC 319 – Information Technology Law
- CSC 312 - System Analysis and Design
- Emeka Ogbuju, Virginia Ejiofor, Olalekan Ihinkalu, Emmanuel Bamidele Ajulo “Sentiment Analysis for Rules-driven Instant Messaging” Confluence Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences (CJPAS), Vol. 1, Issue 1, November 2017
- Taiwo Kolajo, Emeka Ogbuju, Sunday Eric Adewumi “Trends and Technologies in Big Data Analytics: A Review” Confluence Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences (CJPAS), Vol. 1, Issue 1, November 2017
- Gideon Damaryam, Emeka Ogbuju, Haruna Abdu “An Investigation of the Costs and Benefits of Thinning on the Straight Line Hough Transform” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering 5, Issue 1, January 2016, 238-243. URL: http://www.ijarcce.com/upload/2016/january-16/IJARCCE%2058.pdf
- Emeka Ogbuju, Edward Agu, Sunday Adewumi, and Virginia Ejiofor “Web Mining: Cybermetrics Analysis of the Nine (9) Newly Established Federal Universities in Nigeria in 2011” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE), Vol 5, Issue 8, August 2015. URL: http://www.ijarcsse.com/docs/papers/Volume_5/8_August2015/V5I8-0225.pdf
- Uchenna P. Daniel Ani, Kolajo Taiwo, Emeka Ogbuju and Sunday E. Adewumi “Internet Capabilities for Effective Learning and Research: A Review” American Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Survey, AJCSES  040-051. URL: http://pubicon.co.in/index.php/AJCSES/article/view/18/18
- Emeka Ogbuju, Okeke Ugo Henry, Kenneth Agbasi, Virginia Ejiofor “Applying Geospatial Information Communication Technology (GeoICT) System: research on Locations of Federal Universities in Nigeria” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science (IJARCS), 3 (3), May – June, 2012,177-185. URL: http://www.ijarcs.info/?wicket:interface=:2:issuelist:27:fulltext::ILinkListener::
- Ogbuju Emeka, Mbanusi Charity, Chukwu Philip, M.O. Onyesolu “E-learning System: Educational Content Delivery through Mobile Phones” International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS),1, Issue 2, July – August 2012, 101-106. URL: http://www.ijettcs.org/Volume1Issue2/IJETTCS-2012-08-22-072.pdf
- FUOYE Humboldt Kolleg 2017 (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation), Federal University Oye, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria, 11 – 15 September, 2017. Paper Presented: Determination of Organizational Trends and Patterns using Web-based Qualitative Research (FHK_SCI_OR027).
- 3rd Data for Policy: Government by Algorithm? International Conference, Westminster Conference Centre (1VS), London, 6-7 September 2017. Paper Presented: Towards a Data-driven Smart Governance in Nigeria (Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings, Published online at Zenodo, United Kingdom, http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.884103 with Isa Aminu and Abraham Musa Peter)
- Second Big Data London International Conference and Exhibition, Olympia London, 15 – 16 November, 2017
- 8th Annual Clinic on Meaningful Modelling of Epidemiological Data, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Muizenberg, Cape Town, South Africa, 29 May – 9 June, 2017. Paper Presented: Developing a Big Data Platform for Preventive Health Care System in Africa.
- In-House Staff Development Workshop, Academic Planning Unit, Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State, Nigeria, 7th October, 2015.
- African Internet Mission Conference, Lokoja, Kogi State, Nigeria, 12-14 April, 2013. Paper Presented: Online Security: Adopting a Security Aware Strategy in Cybermissions (Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings pp.49-63, with Uchenna P. Daniel Ani)
- 3rd Big Data Analytics and Innovation Conference, National Defence College, Abuja, 22-25 November, 2016. Paper Presented: Development of a Hadoop Streaming Architecture for Named Entity Recognition in Nigeria (Book of Abstracts, pp. 27 with Ebenezer Adebayo Olaleye)
- 3rd Big Data Analytics and Innovation Conference, National Defence College, Abuja, 22-25 November, 2016. Paper Presented: Design and Implementation of Social Analytics Framework for Smart Governance in Nigeria (Book of Abstracts 25-26 with Olumide Charles Oyawale)
- 10th International Conference of the Nigeria Computer Society, 12-15 July, 2011. Paper Presented: Technical Factors Relevant to Internet Service Provision in a Typical Nigerian University (Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings pp. 23-29 with Dele Oluwade, Aristarkus Kalamba)
- A 1-day Authors Workshop on Academic Publishing for Junior and Mid-Career Academics, organized by ENAGO on 11th December 2017 at National Universities Commission, Abuja, Nigeria
- Proposal Writing Workshop Sponsored by Missouri State University, held at Federal University Lokoja, Nigeria, 2015
- The Nigerian Universities Electronic Teaching and Learning Platform Workshop Sponsored by Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund), Nigeria, 2015 at Federal University Lokoja
- A 1-day Workshop on Digital Literacy Skills for Teaching and Research, organized by the Federal University Lokoja, University Library, at the University MIS Computer Laboratory, on 31st of March, 2016.
- A 1-day Workshop on EBSCO HOST Database Specialist in Nigerian Virtual Library, organized by National Universities Commission, Abuja, Nigeria on 26th April, 2010
Summary of Profile
Emeka Ogbuju is a resilient and self-motivated scholar. He is a proactive team player with very good leadership skills. His articulate and creative management skills have been demonstrated in many leading positions in research and industry.
Personal Statement: I teach to inspire, train to impact, write to inform and research to develop. I have a positive mindset to produce good results in my discipline. I am dedicated to God and committed to my duties. I have achieved certain measures of success in the past and I am ready to achieve more with you, now!