In furtherance to the ongoing sensitization drive by the Professor Akinwumi-led Administration towards promoting the newly introduced postgraduate programmes domiciled in the Institute of Governance and Development Studies of the Federal University Lokoja (FUL), the advocacy train of this worthwhile mission moved to the Command Naval Drafting Office at the Nigerian Naval Ship (NNS) Lugard, Banda on Thursday, 19th May, 2022.
The Management Team which was ably led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics), Professor M.S. Audu, who represented the Vice-Chancellor, was warmly received by the Commandant, Rear Admiral H.D. Zakaria and his officers who came in their numbers with keen interest to listen to the interactive session.
Again, the University Management used the opportunity to introduce the newly appointed Chief Security Officer (CSO) of the University, Lt. Col. Babafemi Sunday Mepaiyeda (Rtd), and equally briefed the naval boss of the University's readiness to start accommodating its teeming students at the Felele Campus as soon as they resume from the ongoing nationwide strike embarked upon by university-based Unions.
In his remarks, the Commandant expressed appreciation to Management for extending its hands of fellowship, promising that he would ensure that his officers take advantage of the proximity of the University and the flexible nature of the programmes to enroll for their desired courses.
It would be recalled that earlier on Wednesday, 18th May, 2022, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olayemi Akinwumi personally led the Management delegation on separate visits to the Commissioner of Police, CP Edward C. Egbuka, and the State Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), S.I. Mafara with a view to intimating the security agencies with some of the interesting programmes rolled out by the Institute of Governance and Development Studies of the University. The security chiefs, who were both excited, equally promised to key into the programmes as well as encourage their officers to seize the opportunity and develop themselves academically.
Other members of the delegation that went for the visit included Professor A. E. Bala, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration); Dr. (Mrs) Rebecca A. Okojie, Registrar; Professor Gbenga Solomon Ibileye, Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies; Professor Rotimi Ajayi, Director, Institute of Governance and Development Studies; Dr. Tosin Olagunju, Deputy Director, Institute of Governance and Development Studies; Mr. E.D. Obafemi, SSA to the Vice-Chancellor; and Mrs Omolade Toluhi, Principal Assistant Registrar and Secretary to the Committee; amongst others.
Below is the list of the postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 Academic Session.
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) PROGRAMMES
- PGD in History and Cultural Studies
- PGD in Peace and Conflict Studies
- PGD in Disaster and Risk Management
- PGD in Development Studies
- PGD in Leadership and Strategic Studies
- PGD in Strategic and Security Studies
- PGD in Conflict, Security and Development Studies
- PGD in Leadership and Development Studies
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Management (ADFM)
- PGD in Legislative Studies
- PGD in Public Administration
- PGD in Print Journalism
- PGD in Electronic Journalism
- PGD in Broadcasting
- PGD in Public Relations
- PGD in Advertising
- PGD in Corporate Communication
- PGD in Marketing
- PGD in Peace Linguistics
- PGD in Translation
- PGD in Home Video Production
- PGD in Public Speaking and Rhetoric
- PGD in Information Studies
- PGD in Speech Writing/Speech Making
- PGD in Editing and Proof Reading
- PGD in Forensic Studies
- PGD in Cultural Tourism and Museology
- PGD in Paliamentary Administration
- PGD Social Work
- PGD in Border and Migration Studies
- PGD in Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- PGD in Election and Party Politics
- MASTER (PROFESSIONAL) PROGRAMMES
- Master in History and Cultural Studies
- Master in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master in Development Studies (MDS)
- Master in Leadership and Strategic Studies
- Master in Conflict, Security and Development Studies
- Master in Leadership and Development Studies
- Master in Migration and Displacement Studies
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- Master in Digital Forensic
- Master in Cybersecurity
- Master in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensic
- Master in Information Studies
- Master in Legislative Studies
- Master in Parlimentary Administration
- Master in Social Work
- Master in Border and Migration Studies
- Master in Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- Master in Election and Party Politics
- Master in Public Sector Management
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD) PROGRAMMES
- PhD in History and Cultural Studies
- PhD in Peace and Conflict Studies
- PhD in Leadership and Strategic Studies
- PhD in Strategic and Security Studies
- PhD in Conflict, Security and Development Studies
- PhD in Information Studies
- PhD in Legistlative Studies
- PhD in Parliamentary Administration
- PhD in Social Work
- PhD in Border and Migration Studies
- PhD in Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- PhD in Election and Party Politics
- PhD in Public Sector Management
Entry Requirements (PhD Programme):
- Candidates for admission into PhD programme shall have M.Sc./M.A. Degree in a cognate discipline, obtained from Federal University Lokoja or any other recognized University. Candidates with non-cognate M.Sc./M.A. Degree may, at the discretion of the University, be admitted to the programme if they possess significant work experience in high-level leadership and organizational management. In addition, applicants are required to possess credits in at least five (5) O' Level subjects including English and Mathematics obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
Duration of Programme
- Full Time: Minimum of 3 years and maximum of 5 years
- Part-Time: Minimum of 5 years and maximum of 7 years.
Entry Requirements (Master Programme):
- Candidates for admission into Master programme shall have a minimum of Second-Class Lower Degree in a cognate discipline; obtained from Federal University Lokoja or any other recognized degree-awarding Institution. Candidates with non-cognate First Degree may, at the discretion of the University, be admitted to the programme if they possess significant work experience in high-level leadership and organizational management. Also, candidates with Third Class Degree or HND qualification, who have obtained University Postgraduate Diploma in related disciplines with minimum classification of Merit, are eligible to enroll for the programme. In addition, applicants are required to possess credits in at least five (5) O' Level subjects including English and Mathematics obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
Duration of Programme:
- Full Time: Minimum of 3 Semesters and maximum of 5 Semesters
- Part-Time: Minimum of 4 Semesters and maximum of 6 Semesters
Entry Requirements (PGD Programme):
- Candidates for admission into PGD programme shall have a Degree in any discipline obtained from a recognized University or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit obtained from a recognized Institution, plus credits in at least five (5) O' Level subjects including English and Mathematics obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
Duration of Programme:
- Full Time: Minimum of 2 Semesters and maximum of 4 Semesters
- Part-Time: Minimum of 3 Semesters and maximum of 5 Semesters
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should visit the University portal www.fulokoja.edu.ng to download the Application Form and follow the admission procedure for postgraduate applicants.
- Application Fee for PGD and Master Programmes is Twenty-Five Thousand Naira (₦25,000.00) only, while PhD is Thirty Thousand Naira (₦30,000.00) only.
- The duration of the sale and submission of Application Forms is from Monday, September 20, 2021 to May 31, 2022.
- An Applicant should ensure that he/she has the entry requirements for the programme applied for, plus five (5) O' Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics as appropriate.
- Applicants for PhD programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the Secretary, Institute of Governance and Development Studies, Federal University Lokoja. Note also, that, applicants for PhD programmes are to provide a short research proposal, which should include the title, statement of the problem and objectives, of not more than 350 words. Click here to view more pictures