Published on: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:31:57
CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC (COVID-19): ADVISORY AND TIPS FROM THE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICES
CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC (COVID-19) ADVISORY AND SOME TIPS TO STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY DURING THE PERIOD FROM THE HEALTH SERVICES OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA
Coronavirus is an RNA and envelope virus that affects the respiratory system. It is transmitted from Humans to Humans through contact with droplets from the nose and the mouth. The World Health Organization (WHO) now thinks that coronavirus can stay suspended in the atmosphere in humid and hot climate. This is similar to the weather in Lokoja.
- Wash hands with running water and soap every 20 minutes for at least 20 seconds each time at any designated point provided within the campus.
- Maintain social distance of about one meter apart or 2 arms’ length from one another.
- Avoid touching the Mouth, Nose and Eyes.
- Practice respiratory hygiene – cough into flexed elbows, wash clothes with soap, water and sun-dry. If toilet papers rolls are used dispose appropriately.
- Avoid eating in public places, preferably buy meals in takeaway packs.
- No public gatherings of more than 50 persons for now, this may be reviewed from time to time
- Limit or avoid unnecessary travels at this time.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty with breathing- Call FUL HEALTH SERVICES HELPLINE 08106188993,08074776532,NCDC VHF HELPLINE 080097000010
- Stay informed, keep checking for updates from Health Services, University website, University Bulletin and Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) website: www.ncdc.gov.ng.
Dr. Magnus Chinemerem Ogaraku
Ag. Head, University Health Services