The world as we come to see it today is shaped by technologies largely made possible by computers. Looking at the advancement in technology in this present day, one would not have believed that the first set of computers were developed less than a century ago and they seem to have taken over every aspect of human endeavor.
The Computer Science Department at the Federal University Lokoja seeks to rigorously train students who are interested in theoretical computing and its applications to solving humanity problems. The curriculum is specially designed to allow students to pursue the area(s) of Computer Science that they find most interesting while providing an overall solid foundation for advanced research.
This page contains all the relevant information about the department. Additional information are available in the students' handbook which can be downloaded from this page.
On successful completion of the B.Sc. Computer Science program, students will have:
- knowledge of basic science and computer science fundamentals
- understanding of entrepreneurship, the need for and process of innovation, as well as the need and capacity for lifelong learning
- in-depth technical competence in the discipline of computer science
- an ability to carry out problem analysis, requirements capture, problem formulation and integrated software development for the solution of a problem
- capacity to continue developing relevant knowledge, skills and expertise in computer science throughout their careers
- an ability to communicate effectively with other computer scientists, software engineers, other professional disciplines, managers and the community generally
- an ability to undertake and coordinate large computer science projects and to identify problems and their formulation and solution
- an ability to function effectively as an individual, as a team member in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams and as a leader/manager with the capacity to assist and encourage those under their direction
- understanding of the social, cultural, global and business opportunities of the professional computer scientist as well as understanding of the need for and principles of sustainability and adaptability
- understanding of and commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities
I most sincerely welcome you to the most relevant degree program in the age of “e-everything”.
Prof. Francisca O. Oladipo, PhD, FASI, FNCS, FPASRC
Head of Department of Computer Science