In view of the mandate of the University Health Services (UHS) in ensuring the good health condition of members of the University Community, particularly Management staff who play important roles in the smooth day-to-day running of the Institution, the UHS wishes to give the following health advisory based on current evidence and standard health practices.
- A good breakfast rich in protein remains the most important meal of the day. Avoid skipping breakfast.
- Eat healthily, reduce carbonated drinks to the barest minimum and eat more fruits and vegetables. Snack on fruits and vegetables like cucumber, carrot, garden egg, nuts, and water instead of baked and processed pastries and carbonated drinks.
- Drink at least three (3) liters of water daily to avoid kidney-related issues.
- Inculcate physical activity in your daily routine.
- Avoid sitting for too long. (Provision should be made for meetings lasting more than two (2) hours to have a break at the 2-hour mark, while members walk around for 10-15 minutes before the meeting continues).
- Ensure to get at least eight (8) hours of cumulative good sleep in a day.
- Manage stress more effectively by engaging in more healthy leisure activities.
- Spend more time with family and friends to boost mental health.
- Take out time in the course of the year for a comprehensive medical examination. Know your blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
- The UHS remains open and accessible to attend to your health needs.
Thank you and have a healthy working year.
Dr. (Mrs.) Chinenye Oche Otorkpa
Director, UHS, FUL