COLLEGE OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA
SALE OF POSTGRADUATE FORMS FOR 2022/2023 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into 2022/2023 Academic Session Full Time/Part-Time Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master degree or Ph.D. in the Institute of Governance and Development Studies. The Institute of Governance and Development Studies is a multidisciplinary Institute established essentially to provide solutions through policy interventions, cutting-edge research and robust development programmes.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
- Postgraduate Diploma, Public Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma, Marketing
- Postgraduate Diploma, Peace Linguistics
- Postgraduate Diploma, Public Speaking and Rhetoric
- Postgraduate Diploma, Speech Writing/Speech Making
- Postgraduate Diploma, Corporate Communication
- Postgraduate Diploma, Management
- Postgraduate Diploma, Information Management
- Postgraduate Diploma, Development Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma, Public Health
- Postgraduate Diploma, Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master, Public Sector Management
- Master, International Relations and Strategic Studies
- Master, Public Policy and Administrative Studies
- Master, Public Administration
- Masters, Leadership and Development Studies
- Master, Legislative Studies
- Master, Migration and Border Studies
- Master, Climate Change Resilience and Sustainability
- Master, Business Administration
- Master, Social Work
- Master, Information Management
- Master, Development Studies
- Masters, Urban and Regional Planning
- Master, Public Health and Health Promotion
- Master, Peace and Conflict Studies
- Ph.D. Public Sector Management
- Ph.D. Parliamentary Administration
- Ph.D. Legislative Studies
- Ph.D. Legislative Drafting
- Ph.D. Election and Party Politics
- Ph.D. Security and Strategic Studies
- Ph.D. Leadership and Development Studies
- Ph.D. Migration and Border Studies
- Ph.D. Climate Change Resilience and Sustainability
- Ph.D. Information Studies
- Ph.D. Social Work
- Ph.D. NGO and Social Development Management
- PhD. Information Management
- Ph.D. Public Health
- Ph.D. Displacement and Disaster Management
- Ph.D. Peace and Conflict Studies
- Ph.D. Conflict, Security & Development Studies
- Ph.D. Conflict, Security & Strategic Studies
- Ph.D. Development Studies
- Ph. D Governance and Development Studies
- Ph.D. Leadership and Strategic Studies
- Ph.D. Leadership and Security Studies.
- Candidates for admission into Ph.D programmes shall have M.Sc./M.A. Degree in a cognate discipline, obtained from Federal University Lokoja or any other recognized University. Candidates with non-cognate M.Sc./M.A. Degree may at the discretion of the University, be admitted to the programme if they possess significant work experience in high-level leadership and organizational management. In addition, applicants are required to possess credits in at least five (5) O'Level subjects including English and Mathematics obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
Duration of Programme:
- Full-Time: Minimum of 3 years and maximum of 5 years.
- Part-Time: Minimum of 5 years and maximum of 7 years.
Candidates for admission into Master programmes shall have a minimum of Second Class Lower Degree in a cognate discipline, obtained from Federal University Lokoja or any other recognized degree-awarding Institution. Candidates with a non-cognate First Degree may at the discretion of the University be admitted to the programme if they possess significant work experience in high-level leadership and organizational management. Also, candidates with a Third Class Degree or HND qualification who have obtained a University Postgraduate Diploma in related disciplines with a minimum classification of Merit, are eligible to enrol for the programme. In addition, applicants are required to possess credits in at least five (5) O’Level subjects including English and Mathematics obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
Duration of Programme:
- Full Time: Minimum of 3 Semesters and maximum of 5 Semesters.
- Part-Time: Minimum of 4 Semesters and maximum of 6 Semesters.
Candidates for admission to PGD programmes shall have a Degree in any discipline obtained from a recognized University or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit obtained from a recognized Institution, plus credits in at least five (5) O'Level subjects including English and Mathematics obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
Duration of Programme:
- Full Time: Minimum of 2 Semesters and maximum of 4 Semesters.
- Part-Time: Minimum of 3 Semesters and maximum of 5 Semesters.
How to Apply
- Application Fee for PGD and Master Programmes is Twenty-Five Thousand Naira (N25,000.00) only, while Ph.D. is Thirty Thousand Naira (N30,000.00) ONLY.
- Application closes on Saturday 23rd September, 2023.
- An Applicant should ensure that he/she has the entry requirements for the programme applied for, plus five (5) O'Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics as appropriate.
- Applicants for Ph.D. programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies, Federal University Lokoja. Note also, that applicants for Ph.D. programmes are to provide a short research proposal, which should include the title, statement of the problem and objectives of not more than 350 words.
Procedure for Filling the Online Application Form
Step 1: Create an Account on the Application Portal https://pg.fulokoja.edu.ng/iogads/index. Applicants must have a valid personal E-mail Address before starting the registration process. Then click Create Account. On Filling the Create Account form, please select the Programme Type: Ph.D., MASTERS, and PGD depending on the programme you are applying for.
Step 2: Make Payment using the RRR Number of the Account Created. Generate your RRR [Remita Retrieval Reference] Payment Invoice of Application Fees using REMITA services (card or bank payment). For those who want to make a card payment through Remita, click the button “Pay Now”. For cash payment, Copy the RRR number and visit the nearest bank to make payment.
Step 3: After Payment Successful, Login to your Application Portal to Print Receipt and continue Step 4
Step 4: Click on Application Form, Click and fill out Personal Info. Select a Course of Study and also select Mode Of Study: Click on The Blue Button "Save Changes & Proceed," it takes you to the next form Credentials. Click on the Green Button "Add Credentials" to upload all credentials one at a time until they are successfully added. Click on the Blue Button Save Changes & Proceed it takes you to the next form Sponsorship Form.
Step 5: Repeat Step 4 for each of the forms such as Schools Attended, Employment Thesis/Publication, and Others.
Step 6: Print out the Biodata Form Printout - 2022/2023 Session and Send it with all your Documents to this Email Address: [email protected].
For more enquiry, please contact the following numbers; 0803 506 2989, 0803 626 7983.
Adeniyi Emmanuel Babafemi
DR/Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies