- 1. Educational Administration 2. Higher Institution Policy and Strategic Leadership 3. Human Resource Management 4. Transborder Security
Abdullahi Baba Ibrahim
Head, Senior Staff Matters, Human Resources Division
Principal Assistant Registrar
IBRAHIM Abdullahi Baba is from Niger State but born and brought up in Jos, Plateau State in central Nigeria. He is currently a Senior Assistant Registrar and a Faculty Officer, Faculty of Management Sciences, Federal University Lokoja.
Mr. Baba had his first degree in History from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in 2009 and Master of Public Administration with bias in Public Personnel Management from National Open University of Nigeria in 2016, Master of History and International Studies from the Department of History and War Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna State, and Currently a student of Master of Educational Administration and Planning, National Open University of Nigeria. He has membership with national and international professional bodies and associations such as Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered), Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA) and Fellow, United State of America, Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), West Africa. He joins the service of Federal University Lokoja in 2012, as Administrative Officer after a brief stay with Etisalate Nigeria as Customer Care Executive, and rose to the Rank of Senior Assistant Registrar in 2018. He also served as National Development Facilitator in Nigeria for Millennium Development Goals (MDGs/SDGs) Advocacy Project for the Office of the Senior Special Adviser to the President on MDGs under National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), and trained about 18,000 corps members across Nigeria from 2010 -2017.
Abdullahi Baba served in various Units, Divisions and Academic Departments in the University such as Human Resource Division, Council Affairs Division, Office of the Registrar, Academic Affairs Division, Archaeology Department and Faculty of Management Sciences. He held many Management appointments and served high profile and statutory committees and decision making organs of the University such as Council Committee, Council Finance and General Purposes Committee, Council Appointments and Promotions Committee, Senate Committee, Management Committee and Committee for the consideration of guidelines for the promotion of Academic staff. Others includes Secretary, Faculty Board of Examiner, Secretary, Faculty Standing Committee, Secretary, Faculty Board, Secretary, Faculty Appointments and Promotions Committee, Secretary Faculty Resources Verification/Accreditation Committee, Secretary Faculty Welfare Committee, Member, Committee on the End of Tenure Report of the 2nd Vice-Chancellor, Professor Angela Freeman Miri, Member, Committee on the End of Tenure Report of the 2nd Governing Council, Member, 3rd&4th Convocation Planning Committee, Member/Project Coordinator Terminal Stewardship Report Committee of the Pioneer Vice Chancellor Prof. Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi, Team – leader, On-line Accreditation Team, October, 2015, Member, Adhoc Committee on Accreditation Exercise October, 2015, Member, Human Resource Units Heads Committee, Member, Editorial Board of the Federal University Lokoja Quarterly Bulletin, Member/Secretary Human Resources Welfare Committee, Member, 2013/2014 Students Inter-Faculty Sports Competition and many others.
Baba served the University in various capacities not limited to Desk Officer, Internationalization, Desk Officer, National Universities Commission (NUC), Desk Officer, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), Member, Editorial Board of the Federal University Lokoja Quarterly Bulletin, Officer In-charge of Council and Personal Assistant (PA) to the 2nd Registrar Mr. Usman Suleman Obansa and many others. He is also a recipient of many national and international awards such as 2nd Best Position Award, YALI RLC, West Africa 2017, MDGs/NYSC National Excellence Award 2011, Kano State NYSC Governor’s Honours Award 2010, Kano State NYSC Commendation Award 2010, Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN) Merit Award 2010, Kano State LGEA (Karaye Chapter) Letter of Appreciation 2010 for outstanding contribution to education, FUL Human Resources Division Letter of Appreciation 2013, FUL 1st Letter of Commendation 2016 for outstanding contribution on accreditation of Academic programmes in the University, FUL 2nd Letter of Commendation for adequate representation of the University at the President Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative.
Abdullahi Baba has had intensive and extensive training as University Administrator, Human Resource Manager, National Development Advocate, Trainer and Facilitator, Strategic Leadership in Management and University Governance:
- Effective Office Skills for Administrative Staff, Industrial Training Fund (ITF),
- High Level Executive Development Programme for Councils of Nigerian Federal Universities, April 8 -11, 2019, Bristol Palace Hotels Kano, Kano State.
- The United States Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), West African Regional Leadership Centre, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), Nigeria 2017 Cohort 2, February 27 – March 31, 2017.
- Association of Nig. University Professional Administrators (ANUPA), 2017 Annual Conference & Annual General Meeting, titled “The Contemporary Higher Institution Administration Strategic Inflection Point” OAU, Ile-Ife Osun State Nov. 19th -22nd, 2017.
- Nigerian Universities Staff Sport Association (NUSSA) Games, NOUN 2016, December 8 – 16, 2016.
- Workshop on Registry Function, Communication Skills and Excellence in University Administration 4th – 5th May, 2016.
- Train-The-Trainer Ethical Leadership/Conduct Retreat held 24th -25th August, 2017 at Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State.
- The Role of Human Resource Management on Education Development in Nigeria, by CIPM 30th July, 2015.
- Human Resources Mgt. and Staff Dev. by Pyramid Int’l Consultant & Associates 5th -8th May, 2015.
- Association of Nig. University Professional Administrators (ANUPA) 2013 Annual Conference & Annual General Meeting, University of Ibadan, Oyo State.
- MDGs/NYSC Training of Trainers Workshop 25th -28th June, 2013.
- MDGs/NYSC Training of Trainers Workshop 3rd -5th March, 2013.
- MDGs/NYSC Training of Trainers Workshop 8th -13th November, 2012.
- MDGs/NYSC Training of Trainers Workshop 10th -15th July, 2012.
- MDGs/NYSC Training of Trainers Workshop 8th -12th March, 2012.
- MDGs/NYSC Training of Trainers Workshop 9th -14th November, 2011.
- NYSC/MDGs WAP Agro-Entrepreneurial Skill Training 16th – 4th Feb, 2010.
- A day Work-Shop on Eradicating Poverty and Hunger Through Agricultural Practices, Aug, 2010.
- MTN Foundation Awareness Workshop Programme on E-library Database A.B.U Zaria.
2017 2nd Best Position Award, YALI RLC, West Africa
2017 2nd Letter of Commendation, Federal University Lokoja (FUL)
2016 1st Letter of Commendation, Federal University Lokoja (FUL)
2013 FUL Human Resources Division Letter of Appreciation
2011 MDGs/NYSC National Excellence Award
2010 Kano State NYSC Governor’s Honours Award
2010 NYSC Commendation Award
2010 Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria (MCAN) Merit Award
2010 Kano State LGEA (Karaye Chapter) Letter of Appreciation
Estabishment, Federal University Lokoja, Kogi State
Email: [email protected]